Thursday, June 2, 2011


These kind of things use to offend me.
I remember when Savanah was awfully young, Desmond and I were watching TV.
And these people were making fun of deaf people.
I cried out, "That's terrible!"
Desmond still thought the joke was funny.
I was completely appalled.

For some reason,
after seven years.
These sorts of things do not really bother me anymore.
People are always going to be people.
We make mistakes.
But hopefully we learn from them.

Something we have tried to instill in Savanah
NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON is like another person.
Everyone is different.
Everyone has faults.
Everyone has a character flaw.
Everyone is human which means no one is perfect.

So for everyone who makes a joke about being deaf, blind, fat, dumb, handicap etc.
The joke is really on you.

No comments: