Monday, June 20, 2011

Blend in.

Lately I've been told a lot that
"Savanah just blends in".

Blends into what I think?
The walls. . .
the people. . .

I get what people mean.
She talks so well.
So she must just "blend in".
Just because of her cochlear implant I suppose.

But I don't really think she does any of this. . .
well yes, the talking well part.
But that has been countless hours of hard work,
lessons, appointments, mapping etc.
Just because of the implant, her speech did not just form that way.

So the 'blending in' of society I do not believe is correct.
Savanah is a uniquie individual.
She is so very special.
She is deaf. Not very many people are deaf.
So blending, no, but shining yes.

Aren't we all different? At least we are "suppose" to be.
Everyone has different personalities,
different looks,
different traits.

So why would we want to "blend in"?

No comments: