Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Savanah's Perspective

So driving on the freeway this morning.
Two little girls in the back.
Chatting between them.
Her views on life begins. . .

Savanah tells her little sis she is deaf.
Gracen just looks intently at her and listens to her for a moment. . .
"When I was a baby, I couldn't hear mom and dad like you can hear mom and dad now. When I was three, these one people they cut my head off (meaning they cut into her head for her cochlear implant surgery) it didn't really hurt very badly. Then I got my implant and I could hear everything super really well." I smiled a little. "I'm the most special girl because of my implant and mom and dad love me and help me hear really well." "Most of my friends are deaf and you cannot be deaf because you can hear. It's okay though Gracen, my ears are just a little broken."

Then Savanah begins to tell her about growing old. "When your a grandma, you'll be really old and you'll go to Heaven. And when you're an adult, you can stay up as late as you want and watch TV after your childrens go to bed, just like our mom and dad. And no one tells you what to eat. The driving world if they say it's okay they will also let you drive a car. But if you have a job, only some of the times, you'll get lots of money, and money helps you be smarter."

Finally Savanah begins to talk about babies after Gracen commented on the adult part of the story about when she grows up she is going to have babies. Savanah replied. . ."When you're a mommy, you'll have milk in your boobies, but I know it's kind of gross, you can just put a cap on it, is that a great idea mom?!?"

I just love being Savanah's MOM!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

hahahaha I love her - Kids say such funny and random things.

Chad and Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed reading the whole thing!! What a cute, funny little conversation!