Friday, April 30, 2010

Crash! Bang! WHOA!

So in the morning, after a peaceful nights rest. . . (or not), depends on the night, Desmond and I (and sometimes Miss Gracen) awake to Savanah and her "CI-less" voice.

Oh geez, let me tell ya, the volume on that voice, without the implant, is electrifying to your ears.

Especially when it is out of a deep slumber.

It is so darling though, because she doesn't know how loud she is really being, she can't hear herself, so why should any of us hear her right?!? It's the same way when she is going to bed, she's been tucked in, kisses and hugs, a story or two were read, and then the CI comes off. Silence, daddy and I leave the room. Not more then 15 minutes later, there is a ruckus, a LOUD ruckus I might add, and she is awake, fidgeting with her toys. When you appear back into that purple room, she is stunned, SHOCKED at why you are even there, remember, she can't hear that LOUD noise that just occurred, so why should I?!?

1 comment: