Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I remember Kindergarten!


I am starting to really feel old. First I have a five year old little girl. Second, she is now officially in Kindergarten! I remember what it was like to be five. I remember my teacher, Mrs. Harris. I remember the smell. The tiny toilet. The recess doors. The shape stations. The carpet that we sat on to listen to a book. I remember Dallas Reynolds eating my paste. I remember coloring, cutting, counting, writing my name, sharpening pencils and being a big kid.

Will this make me a better mom? Will I be on the same page as Savanah with Kindergarten so fresh in my own mind. I hope so but then I start to think that her experience wil be so different then mine. Her entire school years will be so drastically different. Yeah, she is in a mainstreamed class right now but there are so many things that have seemed different. She knows she is one of two girls in the class who wear cochlear implants. She also has not metioned any other friends.

I hope it is just me that percieves it different. I hope she has a wonderful year and remembers everything I remember, all of the good of starting to grow up. Kindergarten. Where all the innocence still is.

No comments: