Sunday, July 3, 2011

MONDAY.

Savanah is on a countdown to tomorrow.
No, not because of the 4th.
Or fireworks.
Because those are done and over with.
But because her dad and I are taking her to. . .
SEVEN PEAKS!

She is beyond stoked.
So excited.
Seriously, she has asked if it is Monday everyday since last Monday.

But I have to admit something.
Something that mothers who have children who hear do not think about.
I am terrified to take her here.
I get so nervous running around a waterpark
Having Savanah completely deaf the entire time.
Lifeguards, people, etc. they do not know this.

Even though she is seven and she swims like a pro.
I still feel like I have to keep a hawk eye on her.
Watch her every move because she cannot hear.

We have had encounters with lifeguards before.
It is hard trying to explain rules and regulations to her.
I wish I knew a better way sometimes.
Or a magic water implant too.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can understand where that would be quite scary for you! How fluent is she in ASL? Not that she is likely to be interested in looking at you all of the time while she is busy having fun!