Friday, May 20, 2011


I love her.
I feel so blessed to be her mother.
As I laid in bed with her tonight.
(Because she likes me too!)
I softly stroked her head.
I felt her implant.
I wondered if she would ever be mad at me for implanting her.
Without her approval.
Like piercing her ears when she was an infant?
It wasn't her decision, even though I guess it should have been.

I've been ridiculed.
Mocked.
TERRIBLE things have been said to me for implanting her.

But you know what?!?
I KNOW my Savanah.
And I KNOW to the very bottom of my core.
This is exactly what she would have wanted.

Functioning as normally as possible.
Functioning to her highest ability and beyond in this hearing world!
So as I ran my fingers softly over that lump in her head,
I realized that lump was one of the most amazing gifts I could have ever given Savanah.
And I know she'll thank me later!

No comments: