Monday, January 18, 2010

Just thrilled!

I just have to say how thrilled I am to have found www.stopcmv.com

I cannot tell you how lonely it has been for us as a family to not have anyone know what CMV is and to have professionals tell us so little about it.

We know Savanah contracted it somewhere near the end of my pregnancy. We know that I contracted it POSSIBLY throught the pre-school I was working at. We know it POSSIBLY caused her deafness. We also know that she did pass it on to my mother 6 months after she was born. And we KNOW that she is not infectious anymore.

I am watched carefully for this virus during my pregnancies. I have to see a perinatologist. They have to look at the baby over and over again, making sure everyting checks out and that this baby is in the clear.

Now for those of you who know me, please know this. . .there is nothing anyone can do if you do get CMV during your pregnancy. BUT the whole point of STOP CMV - The CMV Action Network is PREVENTION! SPREADING the word! You never hear about this virus in your OB's office, because they can't do anything for it BUT you can!

Please if you know me, or don't know me and if you care about Savanah and any child out there. Or if you are pregnant or know someone who is, please check that website out and educate people. You have no idea what a difference you could make.

No comments: