Saturday, December 19, 2009

Growing up. . .


This picture was taken yesterday at Savanah's Christmas program at USD. I have to say that all of these kids in her class, take that back, the entire school, feel like some of my children. I have rooted for them, seen their progress, watched as themselves and families made it over impossible looking obstacles. I have talked and really connected with their parents and have made friends that I know I will have my entire life.

There is definitely a strong connection between families with deaf children. I cannot explain it. I can't put my finger on it, but these kids. . . Hunter - Jacob, Leah, Ellie, Savanah, Tyson and Justin have become my "kids" too! And they are all doing so wonderful, I am so very proud of them. We could not have asked for a better teacher either, Becky is our hero and she is absolutely wonderful!

1 comment:

misha~sha-sha said...

So true! And as for the learning to read....we used the leveled reading library that USDB had but we first started with the BOB books. Hadley understood blending really easily but my son had a harder time with it. I bought him these LeapFrog movies (The Letter Factory and The Word Factory) and they do an amazing job explaining how words blend together. You might want to try those. Good luck! It makes such a difference in their speech when they learn how to read because they can SEE all of those sounds that they're supposed to pronounce.