Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Let's GO Vikings!"

So Savanah just started cheerleading.
Through a rec Center. . .
a little headstart on the house we are building
and the location we are building it at.
But none the less. . . it's great.
Yesterday was her first day.
She was so excited.
She's been to enough BYU games to know
how awesome cheerleaders are!
The cheer clinic was held in the gymnasium
at the rec center.
There were about 30 girls total
with 4 cheerleaders from the highschool team
instructing all of these eager little kidlets.
I didn't mention to anyone that Savanah couldn't hear very well.
I wanted to see how she did.
I could tell the music was a little too loud for her
in such a large acoustic space.
I could tell she was struggling a bit to hear the leaders
but she was following along right on point.
I was thrilled to see after they broke up into
their official cheer squads that they placed
her on the front row right next to the leaders.
This made me smile inside.
God's little mercies I suppose.
Helping her out when nothing is said.
She did wonderfully for her first practice!
I was so impressed and my little cheerleader did a great job!
So. . . here's the start of the season!

No comments: