Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We did IT!


We took a STAND and RAISED AWARENESS to STOP CMV!

We had a pretty good turnout for the lemonade stand. I was impressed with the people who really went out of there way for myself and Savanah to stop by. THANK YOU to THOSE of YOU who SUPPORTED us! I also am so grateful for friends, not just ordinary friends, but friends who dedicated hours and an entire day for this cause. THANK YOU, YOU ARE TRULY AMAZING PEOPLE and one person, specifically, went above and beyond the call of duty and you know who you are!

Ever since we found out Savanah was deaf, I have tried to be an advocate for her. I want people to be aware of her condition, and her cochlear implant, and her abilities and this virus. I have wanted people to know that she is just like any other child, and to please always treat her that way. I have wanted to make the difference, not only just in her life but the lives of others. I think we somewhat accomplished that on Saturday.

We may not have raised our goal for fundraising, we may have GALLONS and GALLONS of lemonade leftover, but the main goal was reached. We raised AWARENESS for people in this valley of ours and my promise and commitment to STOP CMV is that I will continue to raise awarness with OB offices across this county so that pregnant women will finally be aware of this devastating virus.

TAKE a STAND to STOP CMV! Also if you have not done so. . . go to the website and upload your photos for the HAND C!AMPAIGN

No comments: